Andrews Bowen manufacture surfaces not only for racetracks and private tracks but can also provide surfaces that perform in all climates. From Racecourse Tracks, Gallops Tracks, Canter Tracks to Arenas– with the Andrews Bowen team of equestrian designers, every project is renowned to be of the highest quality with attention to detail being second no none.
The range of surfaces available have been specifically designed with the teams wealth of knowledge to provide consistency throughout and allow optimum performance. Andrews Bowen provide a fully comprehensive development service for professional Racing and Equestrian facilities alongside international competition venues.
- Our British Horse Racing Authority approved SafeTrack is designed to provide the best performance racing surface for training gallops and racecourses around the world.
- SafeTrack is consistent and highly durable.
- The surface has reduced kickback and excellent shock absorbing properties.
- SafeTrack is a highly consistent and durable wax coated surface consisting of a blend of multi-washed silica sand, elastic, polypropylene and polyester fibres coated with a high quality wax.
- The special blend of components makes SafeTrack an extremely durable and is less susceptible to temperature change.
- The fibres create a ‘root structure’ replicating a good turf, giving maximum stability.
- The wax provides additional stability to SafeTrack and gives the surface specialist properties of being dust free and allowing for minimal maintenance.
- The Canter Mix has been specifically designed for canter and gallop tracks.
- The components of canter mix offer stability, support and cushion.
- Canter Track has excellent shock absorbing properties, helping to reduce injuries to the equine athlete.
- Canter Track is designed to give a softer finish for canter tracks compared to our other racing surfaces.
- The surface blend consists of the same high quality multi washed silica sand, wax and specialist fibre elements as our other surfaces.
- The surface has multiple benefits such as being dust free, reduced maintenance and does not require irrigation.
We are delighted with our new top quality Safetrack 5-furlong all-weather gallop which was completed to a very high standard by Andrews Bowen and sits alongside the Hill gallop. It rides fantastically well and will be a huge benefit to our training regime. We are already looking forward to producing plenty more winners in the future.
Ben & Sarah Case, Edgcote Gallops-test
“Railed with Duralock Fencing and the Andrews Bowen Canter Track Surface, our gallop provides perfect conditions in all sorts of weather for schooling both young and older horses. The ability to allow long, steady, continuous work is particularly effective with horses who may struggle to come up the gallop and has been a significant addition to our training facilities.”
Charlie Longsdon Racing-test
We have had the Gallop for over a year now, the Safetrack surface has been consistent and the horses have been very sound on it.
David O’Meara Racing-test
Edgcote Gallop -Full Gallop Build & SafeTrack Surface
News & Projects
Edgecote Gallops Training Facilities Build
The Andrews Bowen Team have fully constructed the new 980m Gallop, surfaced with the BHA Approved SafeTrack surface.read post
Equaflow Gallop Installation At Dan Skelton Racing
Andrews Bowen were proud to install Dan Skelton’s state of the art EquaFlow gallop at Lodge Hill.read post
Safetrack Racing Surface Installed at Kim Bailey R...
Andrews Bowen have completed the refurbishment of the hill gallop track at Kim Bailey Racing.read post