Our aim is to deliver the best surfaces to support performance and wellbeing. With that in mind the design team at Andrews Bowen has spent years in research and development to recreate the benefits of riding on natural turf in prime condition.
As well as understanding the way horses move over the ground our pro-rider experts have looked at how the turf underneath them supports itself – and mirrored nature’s solution: with a synthetic version of the grass plant’s elastic root system. We manufacture two types of fibres, both of which can be added to your existing surface.
- Polypropylene based fibres stabilise Andrews Bowen surfaces by providing a flexible root structure to sand.
- This 100% synthetic fibre blend is an ideal additive to improve existing sand-based riding surfaces.
- The fibres come from the carpet industry. ONLY immediate post-manufacture clean, new carpet trim is used, so there is no chance that carpet gripper, nails or other potentially dangerous objects are in the blend.
- Our eco-friendly recycling process makes use of a powerful magnet, to be doubly sure.
- Dust and other undesired materials are removed from the blend as part of the process, leaving you with the cleanest, safest and greenest equestrian surface fibres on the market.
- Better still, the Synthetic Stability fibre blend will not break down or degrade, giving considerably extended life expectancy for every surface.
- *For optimum performance the finished surface needs to kept moist.
Stability Pro Synthetic Fibres
- Stability Pro is a blend of elastic fibres, polypropylene, pvc granules and polyester fibres which provide a secure but forgiving surface that will reduce repetitive strain injury.
- Horses are able to travel over the surface because of the synthetic fibres’ best turf ‘root structure’.
- For optimum performance, as with all sand and fibre surfaces, this option may require additional moisture during dry conditions.
Our 100% Synthetic fibre blend is ideal for improving existing sand-based riding surfaces. The system will not break down or degrade, increasing your surface’s life expectancy and offering improved return and structure. Dust and other impurities are removed from the blend as part of the process, leaving you with the cleanest, safest and most environmentally friendly equestrian fibre on the market.
The horses & I absolutely adore our Andrews Bowen Propell surfaces at home. Helping me to enjoy training knowing the horses are experiencing maximum comfort whilst jumping.
We all can’t recommend Andrews Bowen enough!
“One horse we train we were seriously considering retiring due to lameness issues as a youngster. She doesn’t have the best joints. If not for this Propell surface we wouldn’t be where we are with her now – she’s working at Medium and she’s out competing tonight at Elementary and Freestyle in the regional finals. This surface has given her – well all the horses – the right support and the bonus is it doesn’t freeze.”
Charlie & Abi Hutton
“The surface at HOYS was very consistent everywhere and the horses jumped very well off it. No complaints from me and I am full of admiration for the way a potentially very difficult process is made to look so effortless. Taking a car park to a world class arena in one day is no mean feat!”
“Railed with Duralock Fencing and the Andrews Bowen Canter Track Surface, our gallop provides perfect conditions in all sorts of weather for schooling both young and older horses. The ability to allow long, steady, continuous work is particularly effective with horses who may struggle to come up the gallop and has been a significant addition to our training facilities.”
Charlie Longsdon Racing
“Somerford Park Farm has been a long established and leading equestrian venue with exceedingly high standards therefore our decision to engage Andrews Bowen as surface provider was not taken lightly as the high demand and varied use for the surface meant it had to deliver on its quality and sustainability. We are thrilled both with the surface and dealings with Andrews Bowen as a company they have been professional and understanding of the demands required of the surface.”
Millie King – Somerford Park Farm
“Thank you for our amazing Andrews Bowen arena, it is the only surface I could recommend and the ProGrade keeps the surface perfect to ride on. My horses are so much more confident and consistent with their work than ever before. Totally recommend.”
Hamish Tracy Disbrowe
“It was -12 today and yet we were still able to ride on my arena. Thank you, Andrews Bowen and team for the help and support in the build.”
“First class customer service, I’m absolutely delighted with my Propell surface. The arena grader is a high-quality piece of equipment and makes a fantastic job. I would highly recommend Andrews Bowen.”
“With the challenges of running a commercial equestrian centre & the volume of horse footfall we have through our gates; our surfaces need to be exceptional – our Andrews Bowen surfaces have stood testament to this. Andrews Bowen’s after care service has been extremely impressive.”
David Sheerin, General Manager of Wellington Riding
“We are delighted with our fabulous new Andrews Bowen Arena. The surface rides superbly. I can feel a real difference in the horses’ way of going. I could not be happier with it. Thank you to all the team at Andrews Bowen.”
Jo Shields at Field Farm Cross Country
News & Projects
Arena Maintenance Commandments
How to get the best out of your surface for longer…read post
British Dressage Official Surface Supplier Andrews...
The surface you ride and compete on is one of the main factors for optimum performance and soundness of your horseread post
Safetrack Racing Surface Installed at Kim Bailey R...
Andrews Bowen have completed the refurbishment of the hill gallop track at Kim Bailey Racing.read post