Polypropylene based fibres stabilise Andrews Bowen surfaces by providing a flexible root structure to sand.
This 100% synthetic fibre blend is an ideal additive to improve existing sand-based riding surfaces.
The fibres come from the carpet industry. ONLY immediate post-manufacture clean, new carpet trim is used, so there is no chance that carpet gripper, nails or other potentially dangerous objects are in the blend. Our eco-friendly recycling process makes use of a powerful magnet, to be doubly sure.
Dust and other undesired materials are removed from the blend as part of the process, leaving you with the cleanest, safest and greenest equestrian surface fibres on the market.
Better still, the Synthetic Stability fibre blend will not break down or degrade, giving considerably extended life expectancy for every surface.
*For optimum performance the finished surface needs to kept moist.
Guide for Stability Fibre Installation
We strongly recommend the sand/existing surface is levelled to an even compacted depth of 5", the sand will need to be moist to achieve this. The fibres should then be spread evenly over the sand area and power-harrowed into the top 2" to 3" only of sand. This is to be done several times so as to achieve a good blend of mix. The sides are then raked in and the entire area compacted using a vibrating roller. Wet and roll several times. When adding fibres moisture will need to be added to the surface for the fibres to settle down properly.
Take care not to power harrow too deep as this may cause the fibres to become diluted and also may damage the membrane and/or base work within the top 2-3" of the surfacing.
- The surface should be regularly maintained, kept moist and rolled
- Tracking can be removed by hand rake or side plate on the Andrews Bowen ProGrade leveller and grader
- Should the surface dry out and the fibres rise to the top, you will need to rotavate /power harrow the fibre back into moist sand, water and roll as before.
- The optimum moisture content for Sand and Fibre surfaces is 23%. This equates to a requirement of 50 litres per square metre to restore to optimum from dry.
- Regular maintenance with an Andrews Bowen ProGrade machine will keep surfaces in top condition.